*** May not be exactly as illustrated ***
*** Plus PDI ***
STIHL FS 240 STRAIGHT SHAFT TRIMMER
Call Spruce Grove
||1.7 kW (2.3 bhp)
||6.9 kg (15.2 lb)
New professional brushcutter with bike handles
The NEW FS 240 bike handle brushcutter is a new generation machine featuring stratified scavenging engine technology which reduces fuel consumption by up to 20% and fullfils all emission regulations. Equipped with a gear head angle of 30° and a simplified starting procedure with momentary stop switch, this unit replaces the legendary FS 250 and is ideal for landscapers in all professional applications.
- Displacement (cc): 37.7
- Power output (kW/bhp): 1.7 / 2.3
- Weight (kg / lbs) 1): 6.9 / 15.2
- 2-stroke reduced-emission engine technology: 2-stroke engine with stratified charge. A fuel-free layer of air is created between the burned charge in the combustion chamber and the fresh charge in the crankcase, reducing the amount of fuel lost during the charge cycle. This results in more power with a lower weight, up to 20% lower fuel consumption than regular 2-stroke engines and significantly reduced exhaust emissions.
- Bike handle: When used in conjunction with a harness, the bike handle enables a smooth mowing action. The bike handle allows the machine to be easily guided, making it ideal for working on large areas and thus reducing fatigue.
- Anti-vibration system: Intense vibration at the handles of power tools can lead to long-term effects on blood vessels in the hands and arms. STIHL has therefore developed an effective anti-vibration system whereby the oscillations from the machine's engine are dampened which significantly reduces vibrations at the handles.
- Multi-function control handle: Easy, comfortable thumb-operated control means the operator's hand never leaves the handle.
- Compensator: This controller in the carburettor prevents the fuel-air mixture getting richer as the air filter becomes clogged. The correct quantity of fuel is delivered to the carburettor depending on the quantity of air passing through the air filter. This keeps the fuel/air ratio in the combustion mixture constant and hence also the engine power. The filter doesn't need to be cleaned until an appreciable drop in power occurs.
- Tool free handle adjustment: The central wing nut enables easy adjustment without the use of tools. For transportation and space-saving storage, the handle can be rotated by 90°.
1) without fuel, cutting tool and deflector
The version(s) available in each country may differ from the above range and specifications; specific details may be subject to change without notice. Please ask your local STIHL Approved Dealer for further information.